Seasonal GIS Technician
Reporting To : GIS Manager
Department : Telecom
Job Type : Full-Time Temporary (17 Weeks) M-F hours vary between 7AM – 5PM
Salary : $17 - $20 per hour, Depending on Experience & Qualifications
Location : Poulsbo, WA
The GIS Department of Kitsap Public Utility District is rapidly expanding and is in need of a GIS Technician to assist in the mapping of the fiber optic network. This position will support both GIS and Telecom through the design process and final Construction Record Drawings entry. The Telecom team operates in a fast paced environment that requires the person filling this position to be flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the team. A successful GIS Technician has excellent problem-solving skills, works well under pressure and enjoys challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering Construction Record Drawings into ArcMap utilizing CrescentLink
- Audit Telecom infrastructure
- Audit pole locations and fiber pathways to assist the design team
- Create project boundaries with parcel data in ArcMap
- Involvement in the design processes
- Coordinate with staff to enhance the operational processes within KPUD
- Have strong communication skills and a team player attitude
- Maintain a strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
- Work effectively under pressure and frequent interruptions
- Have regular, reliable, and punctual attendance
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned
- GIS certification, or enrollment in GIS certification program, or two years of applied experience in the application and use of GIS technology
- Ability to adhere to local, federal regulations and company policies
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Must have working knowledge on Outlook, Excel and Word
- Competency in the use of Esri software including ArcMap, CrescentLink, and Project Planner. Web Apps, Web Maps, Dashboards, and IOS applications.
- Experience with Enterprise, geodatabases, versioning, and data sharing
- Experience working with public agencies and/or those that serve the community
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid Washington State driver’s license with satisfactory driving record
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to be self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic to help meet the District’s mission of “Strengthening Kitsap communities through responsive and sustainable utility services”.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information.
Please submit a completed job application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Job applications are available at: www.kpud.org/employment.php.