GIS Analyst Job DescriptionJob Title : GIS Analyst
Reporting To : GIS Manager
Department : Telecom
Job Type : Full-Time
Pay Range : $19.75 - $30.59 per hour DOE
Location : Poulsbo, WA Monday – Friday, varying hours between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
The Telecom department of Kitsap Public Utility District is rapidly expanding and is in need of an experienced GIS Analyst for mapping of the fiber optic network. A successful GIS Analyst has expert problem-solving skills, works well under pressure and enjoys challenges. The Telecom team operates in a fast paced environment that requires the person filling this position to be flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering Construction Record Drawings into ArcMap utilizing CrescentLink
- QA/QC the Telecom Geometric Network
- Perform fiber tracing and network mapping
- Create project boundaries with parcel data
- Work with Construction PM’s and/or OSP Engineers to record construction record drawings
- Review and interpret underground and aerial cable records in existing records, on maps or in the field
- Involvement in the engineering, permit and construction processes
- Coordinate with telecom and non-telecom staff to enhance the operational processes within KPUD
- Have strong communication skills and a cooperative attitude towards co-workers and third-party vendors
- Maintain a strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
- Work effectively under pressure with frequent interruptions
- Have regular, reliable, and punctual attendance
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned
Academic/Work Experience Qualifications and Skills:
Required: GIS Certification or two years of applied professional experience in the application and use of GIS technology.
Desired: Competency in the use of Esri software including ArcMap, ArcPro, CrescentLink, and Project Planner. Web Apps, Web Maps, Dashboards, and IOS applications. Experience with Enterprise, geodatabases, versioning, and data sharing. Experience working with public agencies and/or those that serve the community.
- Ability to adhere to local, federal regulations and company policies
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Understanding of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance, with a satisfactory driving record
- Any equivalent combination of experience and education that provides the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and ability required to perform the work
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, genetic information.
Applicants need to submit a completed job application to email@example.com.